Sunday, May 04, 2014

Day 26 - God's Sovereignty & Prayer

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for the good, for those who are called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

Today, we went to Lilongwe Pentecostal Church with Darcy & Brenda. Even as we were outside parking the car, I could already hear the church singing. Attending this church was such a refreshing experience. 99% of the congregants are Malawians. The praise and worship was just so full of life. People were singing at the top of their lungs as if today was the last day that they would be praising the Lord. The worship leaders were dancing, moving, and there was just so much freedom and soul in the worship. Although many of the songs, I didn't know what they meant (since it was in Chichewa), I could feel the people just singing praises and bringing glory to Him.
The message today was on the sovereignty of God and prayer. That the Lord does all that he pleases (Psalm 135:6). No man can hinder all God has purposed (Isaiah 46:9-11). If it is according to the will of God, it will be done and accomplished. Prayer, then, establishes the ordained will of God, bringing His purpose into play.

"Not all things are God-sent, but all things are God-used."

Learning to discern and pray not my, but God's will to be done. Pray with me as we learn to rest in the Lord, knowing that He has a purpose for us all. Pray for humility, charity, and courageousness.

All Heaven Declares

All heaven declares the glory of the risen Lord
Who can compare with the beauty of the Lord?
Forever He will be (Forever He will be)
The Lamb apon the throne (The Lamb apon the throne)
I gladly bow the knee (I gladly bow the knee)
And worship Him alone

I will proclaim the glory of the risen Lord
Who once was slain to reconcile man to God
Forever You will be (Forever You will be)
The Lamb upon the throne (The Lamb upon the throne)
I gladly bow my knee (I gladly bow my knee)
And worship You alone


After service, we went to a Palestinian Christian's grocery store which also sells chicken and chips. Hands down, the best fried chicken that I've ever had!
Yummy Guava and Mango Pineapple drinks. Went well with the fried chicken & chips.
Tonight, Darcy & Brenda took us out for Indian food at Huts. We had tried to go last week, but they were closed because the family was apparently away, but so glad that the owner is back. We had such great food! I love Indian food! It was so delicious!
Chai tea and Mango Lassi! Delicious!
Appys. The main courses came and we all dug in.

No comments:

Post a Comment