Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 15 - Attacks

Today was a day of attacks, both spiritually and emotionally. When you say “God, here am I. Send me”, we better be prepared for the things that will come your way. Your faith will surely be tested. Your patience is tested and your heart is examined. When God has given you a great vision, the attack will be great. The enemy will try to everything in his power to make you doubt by attacking you, your family, your friends, and those who are around you. It’s very real and it’s life. Even some of the things that we’ve been hearing and seeing here the last few weeks, I’ll definitely need lots of time to process and reflect on it. 2 weeks in and after very long day, I’m feeling very tired physically and mentally exhausted. So I ask those of you who are supporting us to please pray for the people we interact with and for us.

Our God is Greater

Water you turned into wine,
Opened the eyes of the blind
There's no one like you, none like You!

Into the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like you none like You!

Our God is greater, our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other.
Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power,
Our God! Our God!

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against.
And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against.
What could stand against.

On a lighter note, though still on the topic of attacks, I had some more special “friends” visit me tonight. I came home after a long, long day of work, Luisa and I just needed to debrief and chat. So we sat on my bed and we started talking. Midway into our conversation, through the reflection in the mirror, I spotted a gecko on the wall above the wall of my bed. We both ran out of the room as it started to quickly down the wall, closer and closer to us. We called Brenda in to help us. She used a long stick to try to guide it out of my room. Then Darcy came in and tried to catch it, but it wiggled out of his hand quickly and his tail fell off as Darcy got a hold of it again. The tail landed on the floor and started wiggling around. Takida, one of their dogs, had the tail under her paw and played with it as it moved around. Then after I came back from my shower, which took about 10 minutes, I came back to my room and behold, I found another, smaller, gecko on the wall right above the head of my bed. I walked out to let Brenda know, and when I returned 15 seconds later, it had already disappeared. However, I did find a bee stuck in the mosquito net around my bed. So here I am, unable to fall asleep because I feel like the gecko is going to come back out any moment. For some reason, I just attract geckos…
Playing with the tail that's fallen off the gecko.

An update of COBT today. One of the kids I see is girl with hemiplegia. She refuses to use her right hand to do activities. As I held her left hand, which is to promote the usage of her other hand, she would would try to get out of my hold on her. After some struggling and doing some hand over hand colouring with her, she seemed to loosen up a bit. She then started to try to color with her right hand more. Every so often, she would grab my hand and put it on her right hand, signaling that she wanted me to do more hand over hand colouring with her. That was one thing that was encouraging, was seeing that she was trying.
This little monkey worked very hard today! What great work & effort!
OTees!

No comments:

Post a Comment