Today,
Kathy was away in the morning at a meeting, so we worked with the kids at COBT
by ourselves. We continued to organize the OT room for a little bit in the
morning, and then we went to the other house to work with some of the kids in
the behavioural challenge class. While working with one of the kids on the
therapy ball, we have already seen slight improvements in his ability to hold
his head up. We saw him attending and engaging with his environment and us. It
was so exciting for us every time he held his head up for a prolonged period of
time.
In
the afternoon, we went to Sandi Rehab. Luisa and I taught Titus on how to
administer and score an assessment that we use and saw 2 children for therapy
sessions today. Afterwards, Luisa and I had some time to look at the resources
and activities there. We started playing a game called ‘Outburst’ where a card
has a topic with 10 answers (not necessarily the most popular/common ones), and
the other player/team is supposed to get as many answers as possible. Here are
some of my favourite “Luisa moments” from the game Outburst. (P.s. she has been
feeling tired since the morning…)
Topic:
Household pets
L:
Fish
Y:
Be more specific
L:
goldfish
Y:
no
L:
What other kind of fish are there? …Tuna fish
Topic:
Things that fly
L:
Leaves
Topic:
Things in shells
L:
Seahorse
Y:
Seahorses don’t have shells
After
a few more guesses…
L:
Salmon
Song
of the day: Listen To Our Hearts
How
do you explain,
How
do you describe,
A
love that goes from east to west,
And
runs and deep as it is wide?
You
know all our hopes
Lord,
you know all our fears
And
words cannot express the love we feel
But
we long for You to hear
So listen to our hearts
(oh, Lord, please listen)
Hear our spirits sing (and
hear us sing)
A song of praise that flows
(a simple song of praise)
From those You have
redeemed (from those You have redeemed)
We will use the words we
know
To tell You what an awesome
God You are
But words are not enough
To tell You of our love
So listen to our hearts
If
words could fall like rain
From
these lips of mine
And
if I had a thousand years
I
would still run out of time
So if
You listen to my heart
Every
beat would say,
“Thank
You for the Life, thank You for the Truth, thank You for the Way.”
Anyway,
after work, we returned home and I was to use the shower first. As I walked
into the bathroom and closed the door, I see a very orange looking gecko right
behind the doorframe. I saw its huge eyes looking at me, and then it quickly
scurried up the wall and escaped through a narrow opening. Later as I was looking
at my reflection in the mirror without my glasses on, I saw something move very
quickly on the wall and I just knew that that was yet another gecko. I simply
just sat on my bed staring at the gecko that’s up on the wall near the corner.
After dinner, I returned to my room and it had already crawled elsewhere.
Wow,
4 geckos in 2 nights. I wonder if I see any more tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment